Full screen

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:26 PM
I find that when I toggle the full screen display button, all the content gets put into full screen mode, not just the video player. How can I wire up the fullscreen to only display the videopalyer?

thx

helen
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2009 at 3:42 PM
We put the controls in full screen view always because otherwise they wouldn't be seen the way it is currently built :-)
Apr 30, 2009 at 5:05 PM
If you have a quick change that I could use to have full-screen show only the mediaplayer, let me know. Otherwise I will give it a whirl. One downside is that it seems that putting breakpoints in the event handlers freezes the browser :)
May 2, 2009 at 12:08 AM
Edited May 2, 2009 at 12:10 AM
I've got this working by adding an event handler to my page for the Application.Current.Host.Content.FullScreenChanged event.

In that event, if I am in fullscreen mode, I set all Visibility of all content controls to Visibility.Collapsed. Since my VideoPlayer lives in a Grid, I set dependency properties so that it is in Row 0, Column 0, and its ColumnSpan and RowSpan properties are the maximum values for my grid. If I am not in full screen mode, I set all their values back to what they are in my Xaml.

I wasn't sure that this would work because I did not know what order all the handlers for this event would be called in, but it seems to be just fine.

It's a bit of work, but it does the job. My UserControl actually is embedded in another user control that acts as a Master Page for my site -- I don't worry about the controls in that Master Page, so only the embedded UserControl gets filled with the Video in full screen mode. That meets my needs.

Thanks for a very useful product!